Cannabis has a variety of flavor profiles and aromas. Consider that when creating your edible concoctions for a delicious experience. I mean, if you want to knock out some edibles to just get high, then, by all means, go for it. You do you.
But it’s also possible to elevate the experience a bit for something that’s extra-special. For example, use a strain’s flavor profile to compliment your creation. Try making your cannabutter with Blue Cookies to incorporate the strain’s sweet berry flavors into the butter. Likewise, try using Clementine in a batch of cannabutter; the strain’s sweet taste and citrus aroma might be just what you’re hankering for. If you’re looking for an earthy flavor, try making a batch of cannabutter with Chocolope, a strain known for its sweet coffee flavors. If you need a refresher course on making cannabutter, check out our article.
On that note, who doesn’t love a delicious slice of creamy New York Cheesecake? It’s one of those desserts to enjoy year-round. For cannabis users who appreciate the effects of edibles, it’s easy to turn that classic cheesecake into a tasty THC cheesecake with a few simple recipe adjustments. Here’s how to make a cannabis cheesecake.
Cannabis cheesecake recipe
Graham cracker crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅓ cup melted cannabutter
- ⅓ cup melted butter
Cream cheese filling
- 24 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix crust ingredients. Press into a 9″ springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat mixture after each addition, just until combined.
- Pour the cream cheese filling into the crust.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until set. Don’t panic if the middle jiggles slightly.
- Remove cheesecake from oven.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Gently run a knife around the edge of the crust to loosen.
- Cool for another 45 minutes.
- Remove the springform pan. Cool your delectable weed cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.