In the market for a new grinder that won’t quit on you or get clogged up with herb? One of the latest grinders to catch our attention is the Santa Cruz Shredder. In this Santa Cruz Shredder review, we detail everything you need to know about it along with why we think you’ll love it.
What is the Santa Cruz Shredder?
The Santa Cruz Shredder is a two, three, or four-chamber grinder that comes with all the bells and whistles as well as a few added bonuses, including an ultra lightweight design, unique, jam-proof teeth, magnetic lids, and optional kief collectors. Santa Cruz Shredders come in 4 designs: two-chamber, three-chamber, four-chamber, and aluminum special editions. They come in a variety of different colors and with a ton of different graphics, making it a popular choice for practically anyone.
There are many different grinders out there, but the Santa Cruz Shredder is one of the oldest names in the game — one it shares with some of the world’s most popular skateboards. Interestingly enough, this company is the first company to solve the problem of weed resin jamming up the grinder with lots of use. The proprietary design also makes it extra easy to clean and mostly scratch-resistant, making it a household name for a reason.
Why we love the Santa Cruz Shredder
There are a ton of reasons to like the Santa Cruz Shredder. It’s a great choice for everything from ease of use to final consistency to customization. Here’s a breakdown of our favorite things about the Santa Cruz Shredder.
- Lots of different options for personalization – The Santa Cruz shredder comes in multiple sizes with multiple color options and finishes. Some of them are even limited collaborations with Cookies or Taylor Gang Entertainment or others. They come in 2, 3, & 4 pieces. You can even get hemp models that are biodegradable!
- It rarely needs to be cleaned – Some grinders get clogged just by looking at them. The Santa Cruz Shredder however requires way lower than average maintenance. To clean it, you can just give it a scrape or take some rubbing alcohol to it. Unlike others, you won’t need to clean it often.
- Strong, durable materials – Most grinders are also made with aluminum, but the Santa Cruz Shredder uses a much harder alloy than others. It’s a lot more durable than others and is less likely to break or get scratched up than the cheap ones you can find on Amazon. Further, each surface is polished smooth with textures to make it easier to grip. The threads for the actual act of grinding are also silky smooth, making it easy to use and comfortable in the hand.
- Unique teeth – Instead of the standard diamond design, the Santa Cruz Shredder utilizes sharp box-shaped teeth that are way less likely to become gunked up or jammed. Best of all, it stays sharp for years.
- Perfect grind consistency – There are lots of grinders out there, but the Santa Cruz Shredder is one of the only ones out there that can actually handle bud from all walks of life. Whether yours is uber sticky or dry and dusty it produces a perfectly consistent and fluffy ground herb without tearing it up or damaging the trichomes.
- Amazing kief collector – The Santa Cruz Shredder is one of the best on the market when it comes to kief collecting. The screen is big enough to avoid clogging but it isn’t so huge that particles of actual weed or leaf matter makes it through. It can produce more kief than other grinders and is way less likely to get clogged and need regular cleaning.
- One of the easiest grinders to use – The Santa Cruz Shredder brings those serrated teeth to the table, making for a sharp and easy grind that requires very little force to twist and shred.
- Durable and long lasting at an affordable price – The Santa Cruz shredder will run you $35-$75, which is a small price to pay for something that you can expect to enjoy for several years to come. I don’t know of anyone who has purchased the Santa Cruz shredder and had to purchase a new grinder since. It’s in a league of its own for the price point and quality.
To summarize this Santa Cruz Shredder review, this grinder is in a league above most other grinders you’ll have tried. It’s a little more expensive, but with a durable design, easy maintenance, and lots of color and size options, it’s well worth the investment.
Where to buy the Santa Cruz Shredder
You can cop a Santa Cruz shredder directly from their website, or you can grab one direct from the supplier via Amazon.
- [ BUILT-TO-LAST ] - Superior to other herb and spice grinders, it is made out of solid aircraft-grade aluminium and has an anodized scratch-resistant finish that adds to its strength, making it a product that will last long
- [ SHARP TEETH ] - Our three-piece herb grinder comes with 45 shaped sharp teeth that are firmly installed and help you produce evenly ground, fluffy material with extreme efficiency and smoothly each and every time you use it
- [ EASY TO USE ] - Our 2.2-inch herb grinder coupled with a scraper has a large capacity to store herbs and is quite simple to use and clean. Just it requires turning the lid in a back and forth twisting motion to obtain better consistency
- [ STRONG MAGNETIC LID ] - Thanks to its unique magnetic lock system! Apart from preventing herbs from spillage during transit, it offers an air-tight seal to keep your content away from moisture and retain the natural flavour and smell
- [ WORRY-FREE ] - Our herb and spice grinder is absolutely a high-quality product. However, in the rare chance that you face any issues, please feel free to contact us in order to get our 1-year limited warranty services