Cannabis cigars have become more and more popular over the years with the rise in dispensaries and the need for longer-lasting, slower-burning prerolls that can be shared. They’ve been flexed on Instagram as a status symbol for connoisseur-level cannabis aficionados, and now, they’re becoming available to everyone thanks to the fine folks at Purple Rose Supply. Purple Rose has developed the first all-in-one kit that makes it possible to roll your own custom cannagars time and time again at a more affordable price. Check out our Cannagar Kit from Purple Rose Supply review and learn everything you need to know about how it works and how to roll a cannagar.
What is a Cannagar?
Cannagars, also known as Thai sticks, are premium cigars made entirely from the cannabis plant. The first known cannabis cigars came from Thailand around the late 1960s as a luxury smoking apparatus. They’re the crème de la crème of cannabis pre-rolls and contain anywhere from two grams to an ounce of weed. They are most often infused with distillate, rosin or hash oil, which is used to hold the cigar together and keep it burning for several hours at a time. They usually contain premium flower, caviar, kief and hash oil or concentrates and are wrapped up with actual cannabis water leaves. They’re meant to be smoked over the course of a few days or between a group of friends and can run you hundreds of dollars at a dispensary. The Purple Rose Supply DIY Cannagar Mold kit — called the “CannaMold” — makes it possible to save a little money by helping you to roll them yourself from the comfort of your own home.
What’s in the box?
The CannaMold kit provides a lot of freedom when it comes to creating a cannagar. For one thing, it saves money on buying pre-rolled cannagars from dispensaries at severe mark-up. But it also gives you the option to tailor your cannagar to your own tastes and preferences. You can pack it with any type of flower, any type of concentrate, and any type of hemp leaf or blunt wrapper.
The large Purple Rose Supply Cannagar Kit comes with the following:
- Large Cannagar mold: It holds 10-14 grams of weed and allows you to store and cure your cigar.
- Built-in funnel: Used to pack the mold with little mess.
- Packing tool: Used to compress the cannabis into the mold for a tighter pack and slower burn.
- Skewers: Used to help create better airflow in your cigar for smoother hits and a less harsh experience
- Wooden tip: Protects your lips from burning when smoking the cigar
How to roll a Cannagar
It’s easy to roll a cannagar using the Purple Rose Supply Cannagar Mold kit, and it can be completed in a few easy steps.
- Pack the mold: Lock the mold using the latch and insert a skewer into the hole in the bottom. Add your flower and pack it down with the packing tool. Start with a little bit of flower at a time and compress as you go to make sure everything is compacted evenly. The tighter you pack the mold, the longer the cannagar will burn.
- Store your mold: Store the mold in a cool, dry place for at least three hours. The longer it’s left in the mold, the slower the cigar will burn, so Purple Rose Supply recommends leaving it in there overnight.
- Remove the mold: Take the mold apart and remove the cannagar core. Keep the skewer inside until the cannagar is wrapped up and ready to go.
- Get creative: Before wrapping the cannagar, you can roll it in wax, concentrates or kief to add a nice personal touch and boost your flavors and effects. You can also add wax and concentrates to the outside of the cannagar, or use hash oil to help hold it together. The possibilities are pretty much endless.
- Wrap the cannagar: The most common way to wrap a cannagar is with cannabis fan leaves, but you can use any blunt wrap you like. If you don’t have access to fan leaves, Purple Rose Supply also makes pre-rolled cannagar shells from hemp leaves and pulp. Add the wooden tip from the kit to protect your lips from the hot smoke, or skip it, the choice is all yours. Once the cannagar is wrapped, you can remove the skewer.
- Enjoy: Once the skewer is removed, you’re ready to spark the cannagar. Light the end evenly with a torch lighter and enjoy for 2-4 hours. Like most cigars, the smoke is better when it’s puffed on instead of inhaled. If you skipped the wooden tip, make sure to put your mouth over the whole cigar to avoid burns.
Learn how to roll a cannagar in the video tutorial below.
The cannagar molds come in three different sizes: Small, Large, and Personal. The different sizes make it easier to pick a good size depending on how many people you’ll be sharing the cigar with and how much you’ll each be smoking. Personal is best for solo use, while the small size is good for 2-4 people. The large size can be shared between many people at a time and still provide a slow, even burn.
Personal Size. The personal size is the smallest and is meant for solo sessions and holds 2 to 4 grams, allowing you to enjoy the smooth, slow burn for 30 minutes to an hour. The final product ends up being about 3.5 inches long and about ⅓ of an inch thick.
Small Size. The small size holds about 3.5 to 7 grams of flower and is great for both solo sessions and sessions with friends. The cannagar ends up being a half inch thick and almost 3 inches long. You can expect it to burn for about 1-2 hours.
Large Size. The large size holds 10 to 14 grams and is meant to be used as a party favor among many heads. It’s about 2/3 of an inch thick and almost 4 inches long. You can expect it to burn anywhere from 2-4 hours.
The final product
The Purple Rose Supply Cannagar Kits make an incredible final product that’s worth the small price of the kit itself. The final product is a slow-burning cigar that can be passed around and shared up to 10x longer than the average joint or blunt. The packing method makes the cigar burn evenly and taste great no matter what type of flower or concentrates you use. It’s also incredibly smooth and flavorful without the nasty cough associated with lots of other prerolls. Best of all, the kit pays for itself. Cannagars are hundreds of dollars at most dispensaries and they sell out fast. By making them yourself using the kit you can make an unlimited personal supply for a fraction of the cost using your own creativity and tailoring your smoke sesh to your own tastes.
Where can I buy a CannaMold Kit?
If the Cannagar Mold from Purple Rose Supply sounds like something you would be interested in, grab yourself one today. You can buy a Cannagar Mold Kit from Legal Smoke Shop from just $44. It’s a pretty modest investment that can save you big bucks for years to come.
About Purple Rose Supply
Purple Rose Supply is a company in California that makes cannabis cigar molds so that everybody can be a cannabis connoisseur. Their mission is to innovate cannabis tools and accessories to give everyone the opportunity to smoke at the highest possible standard. The Cannagar kits help make amazing slow-burning, full-flavored cigars that are meant to be shared and enjoyed between friends for hours at a time. Purple Rose Supply was founded under the “elevate the way you medicate” mantra. They wanted to make the classy cannabis cigars available to more people since dispensary cannagar prices are largely unaffordable. They also wanted to give people the freedom to choose the products that go into the cigar based on the occasion, concentrates and wrapping.